Sunday, April 11, 2010

CG, Ttotals, Red Mouth at Betty's Nashville, TN (4/24/10)


April 24, 2010; 9 pm
BETTY'S
407 49th Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37209

TTOTALS

These guys play heavy, droning psychedelic art-punk influenced by the Velvet Underground, Spacemen 3, Pussy Galore, and Dead C. I'm not sure if they're a two- or three-piece at the moment, but there will definitely be at least one down-tuned guitar, some primal drumming, and stoney sound effects. The members were formerly affiliated with another group called Heathern Haints, who have an amazing 12". Ttotals just released their debut EP in a 3" mini-CD format. The music is really great, and I encourage you all to come pick it up. Just don't put it in your car CD slot.

RED MOUTH

Red Mouth is Eric Gebhardt from Muscle Shoals, Alabama. He plays a minimalistic form of roots music that's informed by the Stooges, Son House, Roger Miller, Tom Waits, the Rolling Stones, and Nick Cave. He's playing solo, but don't expect open mic fodder. This shouting and stomping punk rock blues. Red's heading over to Europe to tour next month, so help him out by purchasing one of this three incredible albums.

CODY GAISSER

I'm finally crawling out of my burrow to grace the world with another show. We'll see how it goes! I'll be doing a one-man-band routine with a load of new material, in case you haven't seen my revamped solo show yet. I personally dig Eno, Neil Young, Big Star, XTC, Captain Beefheart, and Cocteau Twins, but you should probably ask Red Mouth or Ttotals what I actually sound like.
I hope to see you there. You meaning everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment